This post contains affiliate links.
With Fall coming full force, I’m getting very excited to start baking more often. Especially using one of my most favorite flavors in the world. Pumpkin. I love the smell of pumpkin candles, I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, and when Casey and I were first married, we made it a habit to stop by the local gas station for pumpkin ice cream cones on date night.
I love me some pumpkin.
My cute friend, Allison, made this yummy pumpkin pie cake the other night for craft night. And let me tell you… AMAZING!!! So I hit her up for the recipe, and you would not believe how EASY it is! I was shocked when she told me there were only 3 ingredients!
This dessert is a mix between a pumpkin pie and a cake. It’s super dense and moist, like a pie, but still a little cakey. You use a 11×18 Baking Sheet, so there is plenty to feed a crowd, which makes it perfect to take to a potluck dinner, or to share at craft night.
While we are taking about baking sheets, let me tell you that this 11×18 Baking Sheet from Amazon
is my favorite of all time. It is nice and heavy and it lasts and lasts!
Ok, back to the recipe. I suppose technically, since there is frosting involved, this should be called 4 ingredient pumpkin pie cake… But the chocolate chips are optional, so I’m going to stick with the 3 ingredient title…
But you can do it either way, with or without chocolate chips. It also might be really yummy with some walnuts or pecans thrown on top. If you’re into that kind of thing.
And, this dessert would be perfect to take to a party. There are no eggs or milk in it, so it doesn’t need to stay refrigerated. And trust me, it is quite the crowd pleaser. You will have people asking YOU for the recipe.
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe. It’s a keeper!
You can pin it to your very own pinterest board! Simply hover your mouse over any image, and click the “pin it” button when it appears!
- 1 large can pumpkin (29 ounce)
- 2 spice cake mixes
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream cheese frosting (I like Betty Crocker's canned frosting, but you can use homemade too.)
- Combine pumpkin, cake mixes, and chocolate chips. Spread on a greased 11x18 baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- **Please note: you use the dry cake mix only. No need for eggs, oil, or water.**
- This makes a large amount. If you are wanting less, just half it.
- 1 cake mix
- 1 small can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 can cream cheese frosting
- Spread in greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like some of these posts: