This post contains affiliate links.
With Fall coming full force, I’m getting very excited to start baking more often. Especially using one of my most favorite flavors in the world. Pumpkin
Â I love the smell of pumpkin candles, I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, and when Casey and I were first married, we made it a habit to stop by the local gas station for pumpkin ice cream cones on date night. I love me some pumpkin.
My cute friend, Allison, made this yummy pumpkin pie cake the other night for craft night. And let me tell you… AMAZING!!! So I hit her up for the recipe, and you would not believe how EASY it is! I was shocked when she told me there were only 3 ingredients!
Â This dessert is a mix between a pumpkin pie and a cake. It’s super dense and moist, like a pie, but still a little cakey.
You use a 13×18 Baking Sheet (this one is my favorite from Amazon) so it serves about 24. There isÂ plenty to feed a crowd, which makes it perfect to take to a potluck dinner, or to share at craft night.Â
Â This pumpkin pie cake recipe only takes 3 ingredients, which you probably have in your pantry. You can also throw chocolate chips, walnuts, or pecans into the batter if you’d like.
This dessert would be perfect to take to a party. There are no eggs or milk in it, so it doesn’t need to stay refrigerated. And trust me, it is quite the crowd pleaser. You will have people asking YOU for the recipe.
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe. It’s a keeper!
You can pin it to your very own pinterest board! Simply hover your mouse over any image, and click the “pin it” button when it appears!Â
- 2 boxes spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree (29 ounces)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 1 bag (12 oz) Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x18 jelly roll pan (cookie sheet).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mixes, pumpkin puree, and chocolate chips (optional). Make sure to just use the dry cake mixes. Do not add the extra ingredients that the cake mix calls for (oil, eggs, etc.).
- Spread mixure out evenly in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
This recipe is made for a 13x18 jelly roll pan (cookie sheet) that will serve about 24 people. If you want a smaller size, you can half this recipe and use a 9x13 casserole dish. Simply use 1 cake mix, 1 small can of pumpkin puree (15 oz), half a bag of chocolate chips (about 6 ounces)- optional, and half a can of cream cheese frosting.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like some of these posts: