I am in love with S’mores (so much that I’ve tried making S’mores cereal mix, and S’mores Pizza)! There is nothing like sitting around a campfire sharing an ooey gooey s’more with the people you love most. I can’t decide if I love the treat more, or just spending time with our family more. But not every night can be spent by the campfire. One of my family’s favorite thing to do is snuggle up and enjoy a family movie night together… complete with Pop Secret Popcorn, of course. So, for our family movie night last week, I decided to bring together two of our favorite snacks: S’mores, and Popcorn…. And the result was this absolutely delicious S’mores Popcorn.
This S’mores Popcorn Recipe is super easy to make, and my entire family loved it! I think it will become a regular treat on movie night.
Movie night is always a big hit at our house. My daughter and I love sappy chick-flicks, while my husband and boys will almost always pick an action packed super hero movie. My *almost* 8 year old is SUPER excited that Fantastic Four is coming to theaters, so I was really happy when I was shopping at Walmart, and saw that you can buy any 3 Pop-Secret items between 7/31 – 8/31 and get a Free ticket to the Fantastic Four movie (up to $5) while supplies last.
I know you are dying to get your hands on the recipe for this S’mores Popcorn! Here you go, then! I hope your family enjoys this little family movie night treat just as much as mine did!
1 bag Pop-Secret Popcorn
4 cups Mini Marshmallows
1/4 cup butter (not pictured)
2 cups Golden Graham Cereal
2/3 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Pop 1 bag Pop-Secret popcorn according to the directions on the package.
2. Toss the Popcorn and Golden Graham cereal together in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows until the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Do not cook the marshmallows- you only want to barely melt them.
4. Dump the melted marshmallows onto the popcorn and cereal. Mix until combined.
5. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. (Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring between cook times, until melted.)
6. Drizzle melted chocolate over top of your popcorn mixture. Toss the popcorn just a little bit to coat with chocolate.
If you liked this post, I would love it if you would share it on your social media (facebook, instagram, twitter, or Pinterest). I’d especially love it if you would pin it for later. Just hover your mouse over any picture (the one right above this would be great!) and a “pin it” button should appear. Just click the “pin it” button and you can save this recipe on your own Pinterest board.