Ok, two things you might want to know about me:
- I love to build things. From my farmhouse bench, to my chicken coop, to my giant picture frame. Oh, and can’t forget my Ikea Coffee Table Hack.
- I am sort of a hoarder. Not like on the TV show. But I hate throwing away things that can still be used again. Especially scraps of wood. Cause there’s nothing worse than cutting an entire 8 foot length of lumber for 4 inches. Am I right, or am I right?
So every year, when it starts to get to be Autumn, the ladies in my church get together for a little craft and treat night. Remember that amazing 3 ingredient Pumpkin Pie Cake? I got the recipe from one of these fun craft nights. So, since I am a hoarder, and had a TON of scrap 4×4’s, we whipped up a few of these scrap wood pumpkins (and a few of these pumpkin signs too). This time of year is perfect for craft nights, and these cute scrap wood pumpkins are perfect for your girl’s night.
chisel and hammer
Staple (I love to use my staple gun)
1. Cut a 4×4 peice of wood to length. Mine are about 8 and 10 inches tall. But you could do whatever size you want. (Use whatever you have leftover, or the Home Depot guy will do it for you if you ask.)
2. Take a hammer and a chisel and rough up the wood.
3. Paint the wood orange.
4. Sand the wood. Use an electric sander to make big grooves in the wood and scuff up the orange.
5. Use a paper towel and wipe stain onto the wood. Just do a little here and there. Then wipe off.
6. Nail on the Tree Branch
7. Staple your grape vine on.
If you liked this project, you might also like these posts: