Yesterday I shared my newest rustic farmhouse sign. I love the saying on that sign! “Peace be unto thy soul” really speaks to my heart. But I wanted another sign for Easter, so I came up with this pretty hand-lettered Easter sign. And I’m sharing the free printable, so you can make one for yourself too.
This video will show me how I made my sign, step by step.
Watch this second video below to see how I drew the vines and flowers. Practice a few times on a piece of paper before you do it on your wood.
You can download the “he is risen” free printable here -> He-is-risen-handlettered-printable.jpeg
This Easter, I invite you to participate in the #PrinceOfPeace initiative. I promise that this initiative will help us, and those around us, feel of the Savior’s peace. On March 31, watch this video at mormon.org/easter. Then, each day during Holy Week, from Palm Sunday (April 9) until Easter Sunday (April 16), one of 8 principles will be presented on mormon.org with a scripture, a short video of individuals who have found peace from practicing this principle, and a few suggestions on ways we might live this principle.
This sign would be a perfect project to coordinate with the theme for April 10th – Compassion. These are some suggestions for things you can do for compassion. Or, if none of these work for you, think of your own!
- Watch the Mormon Messages video â€œLift: The Power of Service.â€
- Think of someone you love. Make a list of their good traits and give it to them.
- Write a letter to someone who has recently experienced a loss or could use a pick-me-up. You could also make this sign as a gift for them, if you feel prompted to.
- Make this sign to keep in your home as a reminder of our Savior’s compassion to you, and his role as Prince of Peace.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SIGN:
- 1×4 board (36″ long)- you can usually get these in 6, 8, 10, or 12 foot lengths
- 1×2 board (48″ long)- you can usually get these in 8 foot lengths
- paint + brush (This DecoArt chalky paint is my favorite, but you could use any craft paint)
- stain + applicator
- Wood Glue
- Gloves, eye protection, hearing protection
- Brad nailer + brad nails (You can find the one I used in my video on Amazon)
- This free printable download here -> He-is-risen-handlettered-printable.jpeg
- Marker (I like this kind rather than a sharpie)
- One Picture Hanger for the back- optional (I keep this kit on hand, then I always have what I need)
How to Make a Rustic Farmhouse Style Sign:
- Cut wood pieces. For this size, you’ll need:
- 3- 1×4’s (12″ long)
- 2- 1×2’s (10 1/2″ long)
- 2- 1×2’s (13 3/8″ long)
- Stain the 1×2’s and paint the 1×4’s.
- Use wood glue and brad nailer to attach the 1×2’s as a frame around the 1×4’s.
- Print out the free printable download here -> Peace-be-unto-thy-soul-print.jpg
- Rub the side of a pencil over the backside of the download. This will help to transfer the image on to the wood.
- Tape your paper to your wood where you want the image to be. Use a pen and trace on the front side of the image.
- Remove the paper from the wood. You should have a pencil sketching of the image.
- Use a sharpie and trace over the image. You could also use paint, if you’d rather.
I also shared this Peace be Unto thy Soul farmhouse style sign a few days ago. Click here to check it out.
If you liked this project, I would love it if you would share it with a friend. You can hover your mouse over the image below and pin it to your pinterest board, or share it on Facebook or Instagram. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for more ideas like this!
If you liked this project, you might like some of my other DIY projects:
Farmhouse Buffet free building plans