This farmhouse bench is so cute! I can’t wait to show you guys how I built it!
Building a bench isn’t too hard. I actually built this entire thing 100 percent by myself, which really impressed my husband. I know that if I can do it, you can do it too.
It is 76 inches long, and can easily seat four adults. It is the perfect bench for anywhere in your house, or even outside.
Iâ€™m using mine in my entryway, but it would also look adorable next to a dining room table, or imagine it out back by the firepit. I actually built a 2×4 garden bench that I use by my firepit- seriously, check it out, it’s adorable.
And did I mention it only cost about $20 in lumber? That’s pretty cool! (Please note: lumber prices vary by location. For me, in Utah, it cost about $20 in lumber. You may be a little more or less depending on prices in your area.)
Start by downloading the plans, for $2.99 here:
(Here’s a little tip: I buy everything from the Home Depot online, then I just click the “pick up in store” option, and they have everything on a cart and ready for me when I get there. It’s AMAZING!
- Building Plans- download above
- 7- 2Ã—4 studs
- 2.5 inch grabber screws
- 2.5 inch pocket hole screws
- Wood Glue
- Wood Filler
- Stain or Paint (I used American Walnut stain from Rustoleum and DecoArt’s Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint in “everlasting” for the paint)
- Miter Saw
- Kreg Jig This was the project that made me fall in love with my Kreg Jig. If you don’t have one, buy one right now! They are less than $100 on Amazon, and it will change your furniture building life.
- Sander and 150 grit sandpaper
- Drill (this Ryobi drill/ driver kit is what I have and I LOOOVE it!)
- Countersink Drill Bit (comes with the Kreg Jig)
- Measuring Tape
- Eye and Hearing Protection
- 4- 2Ã—4â€™s @ 76 inches
- 2- 2Ã—4â€™s @ 14 inches
- 1- 2Ã—4 @ 58 inches
- 1- 2Ã—4 @ 54 inches
- 4- 2Ã—4â€™s @ 15.5 inches. Both ends cut at 10 degrees off square. Ends are parallel.
- 2 â€“ 2Ã—4 @ 12.5 inches. Both ends cut at 10 degrees off square. Ends are not parallel. (12.5â€³ from long point to long point).
- 2 â€“ 2Ã—4 @ 13 3/8 inches. Both ends cut at 45 degrees off square. Ends ARE parallel.
Download Farmhouse Bench Building Plans:
Download the building plans, including the step by step instructions for this bench here:
For $20 in supplies, this DIY farmhouse bench is a project you should definitely tackle this weekend. You could even let your husband help if you want.
If you liked this project, I would love it if you would share it with a friend. You can hover your mouse over the image below and pin it to your pinterest board, or share it on Facebook or Instagram. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for more ideas like this!
If you used this tutorial in your own home, I would love to see photos and share them here on my blog! Please email completed photos to Nat@thecreativemom.com
I would also love if you would share this project, or save it to your Pinterest board for later! You can hover your mouse over the image above and click the â€œsaveâ€ button, or share this on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.